Monday, August 26, 2013

Window seat is finished!

I gave up on sewing a cover for the cushion and bought new material that I just pinned in place with safety pins. Now I can sit and have a cup of tea by myself or share with friends.
Just to give you a list of parts:
A upper cabinet from the Habitat for Humanity Restore
Green cushion/high density foam from Joanne's Fabric
Indoor/Outdoor Fabric from Joanne's Fabric
Large Safety pins from Walmart

Using coupons or getting on sale items, I spent probably around $80
If I had bought brand new units plus pre-made cushions, I would have spent around $300+!

Friday, April 26, 2013

Shoe Transformation Update

Ok, definately gave up on the original idea.
These are the final results.

Pen & Pencil holders ect...Recycle Project

Take some Free Triumph Posters
Some empty Coffee Creamer/Sugar containers
And some tape

I am constantly re-using items at work to hold things in a somewhat orderd clutter.
i started covering my creations with the leftover from stamps and stickers but it really was tacky and unproffessional so I decided to do something about it.

I used hite out around the edge but if I get really industrius, I may come back with t-shirt Slick paint and fill that in.

You can see the difference b/t the ones I have covered and the stickered covered ones.
Also, Here I used the corners that were originally used to protect a whipe board during shipping.
THe mistake I made was in not going ahead and removing them before attempting to cover the whole thin and then just reattach the corners.
if you look inward you can see the shadow of the two corners attached to the back for support and to keep the box from tipping the other way.